Distance learning course.
Total Qualification Time (TQT) for this qualification is 120 hrs. Guided Learning Hours (GLH) assigned are 48 hrs.
This qualification provides an introduction to teaching, tutoring and training. It replaces the former PTTL's. It is mandatory for any teacher/tutor/trainer working in further education or the skills sector dealing with 14yrs plus.
It can meet the needs of a range of trainee teachers, such as:
- individuals not currently teaching or training achievement of the qualification does not require practice other than microteaching unless units from the Learning and Development suite of qualifications are selected;
- individuals currently teaching and training (including those who have just begun teaching and training) although the qualification does not require practice other than microteaching (unless units from the Learning and Development suite of qualifications are selected), opportunities may be made available to observe and provide feedback on a trainee teacher's practice;
- individuals currently working as assessors who wish to achieve a qualification that provides an introduction to teaching.
Learners will cover:
Skills, knowledge and understanding relating to the qualification:
- Understand the teaching role and responsibilities in education and training
- Understand ways to maintain a safe and supportive learning environment
- Understand the relationships between teachers and other professionals in education and training
- Understand the types and methods of assessment used in education and training
- Understand how to use constructive feedback, keep records and involve learners and others in the assessment process
- Understand quality assurance and the legal and good practice requirements in relation to assessment
- Be able to plan, deliver and evaluate inclusive teaching and learning
Be able to facilitate one to one and group learning and development.