4 mandatory units that total 14 credits and 98 GLH (guided learning hours):
• Principles of exercise, fitness and health
• Anatomy and physiology for exercise
• Know how to support clients who take part in exercise and physical activity
• Health, safety and welfare in a fitness environment
Key topics/skills/knowledge covered:
- the heart and circulatory system
- the respiratory system
- structure and function of the skeleton
- musculoskeletal system
- postural and core stability
- the nervous system
- energy systems and their relation to exercise
- how to maintain health, safety and welfare in a variety of fitness - environments, including the safeguarding of children and - vulnerable adults
- the health benefits of physical activity and the importance of - healthy eating
- how to communicate with clients effectively, and motivate - clients to adhere to an exercise programme
Worksheets and multiple choice theory papers will be completed.
This course is offered as an e-learning package with a revision day ending with the Theory exams. Tutors will be available to contact via email or telephone during your e-learning.
After completing the Mandatory Units you will have a 2 day course and 1 day practical exam as detailed below.
2 units that total 11 credits and 64 GLH (guided learning hours):
• Planning water-based exercise
• Instructing water-based exercise
Learners will develop the knowledge and skills needed to plan and instruct water-based exercise sessions for (apparently-healthy) adults of all ages. This may include young people in the 14-16 age range, provided they are part of a larger adult group. Client groups also covered are older adults, ante and postnatal clients and disabled clients provided the relevant contraindications and key safety guidelines are observed. Learning how to deliver a variety of water-based exercise formats, understanding the range of equipment available and designing sessions to suit a range of participants. They will also learn how to provide effective support for clients who take part in exercise and physical activity.
Worksheets and a 45 min practical exam
Cost of this full course £540
Next Course: TBD